The FMC in Europe
Christianity is at an important crossroads in Europe. For many, Christianity is merely a cultural and nationalist identity marker, rather than being an indicator of religious faith. In addition, Eastern religions, New Age philosophies, cult teachings, secular humanism, atheism, and apathy are penetrating every level of society. In the minds of many people, these are all compatible with their understanding (or lack of understanding) of Christianity.
Despite all of this, we are happy to report that the Church is alive and well in Europe!
- Our pastors and church leaders are leading the way in demonstrating how the Gospel can transform lives, and ultimately transform society. Through initiatives like Community Church Planting, people who have never experienced lives of faith are coming to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, and their lives are being transformed.
- Compassionate ministries have been established to help immigrants and refugees, single mothers, the homeless, the poor, and people in need of recovery from addictions and co-dependencies. People are beginning to have hope.
- The Set Free Movement is now working in Bulgaria, Hungary, Greece, Portugal, and Spain.
- Establishment of Impact Europe - L:10:E Network. A discipleship and church planting initiative based on the principles and teaching found in Luke 10:1-20. L:10:E contextualizes the Community Church Planting (CCP) methodology of planting churches for the various cultural and political realities that exist throughout Europe. Read more about Impact Europe: impacteuropeL10E.org
- Men and women are being called into pastoral ministry and are being equipped to be the future leaders of our churches in Europe.
- Our churches in Spain and Bulgaria are considering how they can achieve Provisional Annual Conference status.
Will you join with us in prayer for our churches and leaders scattered across the continent of Europe, praying that they will have healthy and balanced ministries that introduce people to Jesus Christ, help them grow in faith, and impact their communities?
Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:1-2
Ways to partner with the work of the Free Methodist Church in Europe
Commit: Make a commitment to financially support a missionary, country, or project for the long-term. Let others know about your commitment, including those who you will be supporting!
Communicate: Communicate regularly with the people who are directly involved with the ministries you are supporting, so that you become as familiar with those people and ministries as you are with the people and ministries in your own church. Learn as much as you can about the country, the people, the culture.
Pray: Uphold the people and ministries you are supporting with regular, informed, and fervent prayer.
Promote: Become an advocate for the people and ministries that you are supporting. Tell others what is taking place. Share prayer requests. Encourage others to become involved.
Participate: Become directly involved with the ministries that you are supporting. Start a ministry of encouragement. Find out about needs and try to help see them fulfilled. Volunteer as your are able. Encourage your church to find ways that the congregation can become involved, through resourcing, training, short-term teams, etc.